Friday 25 February 2011

3 days to go...


The end is just around the corner - in 3 days the gallery opens it's doors and the exhibition is on! I'm really looking forward to it now - after a concerted effort yesterday, all 31 pictures are framed, looking good and ready to go. Artist's biography written, title and price list complete, custom labels on the back of all the frames, business cards made. 

The show has given me a real impetus to get on and do something with my photos - the fallout over the next few months will hopefully be a few more exhibitions, more online exhibitions and updates at www.paulclifford.co.uk (soon to be going through some changes, but that's another story...), keeping my photo books up to date, adding more content here, including lots more pictures both from way back and hot off the press, and of course taking more and better photos.

The feedback I get from the show could be very interesting - I'm at the two private views Monday and Tuesday and in the gallery Wednesday and Thursday, so hopefully someone, somewhere might have an opinion on the photos for me! Whilst the show only covers one aspect of my photography, some of my favourite images are in, so it will be a good time to get some other eyes on the work.

I'll put some pictures up here next week from the show and the private views, and they'll be a full online catalogue at www.paulclifford.co.uk.

What was planned all along to be a quieter month at Paul Clifford Images didn't turn out that way, so with so much commercial and art work to this month, it's been a February to remember. I was hoping March may let up, but it's not looking that way. I'm extremely lucky to be photography-based in both my work and play, and I absolutely wouldn't change it - certainly not the being busy part! - but a rest would be nice...

So I'm all ready to go, confident today, a little nervous about my first private view on this scale - we'll see what happens. Hopefully I'll see some of you there, and if not, I am in the gallery Wednesday and Thursday too. Thanks for reading - the entries are still getting hits, so I know you're out there...

Details of the show and private views - www.paulclifford.co.uk/photocollectiveinvite.pdf
The gallery is near Oxford Circus tube - here's a map - google map / bing map

No comments:

Post a Comment